Subaru Charlottetown TriLobster Triathlon
Atlantic Triathlon Championships
August 19th, 2018
Are you looking for a fun family event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the fourth annual Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities from Kids of Steel triathlon to supersprint to standard races and six world qualifying events; sprint draft legal, standard triathlon, sprint draft legal duathlon, standard duathlon, standard aquabike and international aquathon.
The Atlantic Championship races are the sprint non draft and standard categories. There will be a prize for the top three overall male/ female and first in the age groups.( 5 year)
Come and enjoy the beaches and our Island hospitality while participating in an exciting triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Note: For the duration of the race there will be video footage being recorded. This will involve the use of drone’s which may be overhead of athletes at different times throughout the event.
- Official 2018 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the 2019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Sprint Triathlon/Standard Triathlon (1 spot per age group, per gender in each distance)
- Official 2018 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the 2019 ITU Multisport World Championships Festival in Pontevedra, Spain.
- Sprint Duathlon/Standard Duathlon / Aquabike/ Aquathon(1 spots per age group, per gender in each distance)
- No race day registration (except Kids of Steel).
- No race-refund but deferral with medical note possible.
- Finisher medals will be presented on the completion of the race and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented immediately following the completion of each race
- post race food on race site
- t shirts and participant medals guaranteed to those who register by July 19
- great early bird rates
- Accommodations at discounted prices available at the Loyalist Country Inn and Quality Inn. More information and options can be found in the athlete guide.
- Sets APP
- Great discounts at many Summerside hotels, motels, and restaurants for all participants of Trilobster Triathlon. You will have access to the SETS APP ( Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside app), download it, check it out and be ready to access some great deals.
- Your Trilobster event organizer will give you an event code to access the SETS app at check in, this code is generated weekly and will allow you access to the discounts for your entire event.
- Open the SETS APP
- Select the DEALS tab on the bottom navigation bar
Select the discount you would like to use and follow instructions using your event code.SETS App:
While attending the Trilobster Triathlon in the City of Summerside, all participants will have access to local discounts for restaurants, attractions, retail and more!
Simply download the Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside (SETS) Mobile Application, and take advantage of the multiple businesses in our city.
How to download:
Open your mobile application store (ex: App Store, Google Play etc.)
Search for “Sport Summerside”
Download the SETS APP
Loyalist Country Inn and Convention Centre
- The Loyalist Country Inn and Convention Centre will have a discounted price for all athletes competing in the Subaru Charlottetown Tri Lobster Triathlon. Rooms will be held until August 11th, and a deposit must be made prior to this date to confirm the price.
- Standard Room (2 double beds): $135.00 per night
- Upgraded Room (2 queen or 1 king bed): $145.00 per night
- Executive (2 queen or 1 king bed): $155.00 per night
- Contact Number: 902 436 3333 (caller must identify them as being with the Tri Lobster Group)
Sunday, August 19th, 2018
- Standard Triathlon (1500 m swim, 40 km bike, & 10km run)
- Standard Aquabike ( 1500 , swim, 40 km bike)
- Standard (Olympic) Duathlon (10km run, 40km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Supersprint Triathlon (375m swim, 10km bike & 2.5km run)
- Supersprint Duathlon (2.5km run – 10km bike & 1.25km run)
- International Aquathlon (1000m swim – 5k run)
- Standard Team Relay 2 or 3 members (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run)
- Sprint Team Relay 2 or 3 members (750m, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Draft Legal Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run)
- Sprint Draft Legal Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run)
- Kids of Steel Triathlon
- Ages 5-7- 25m swim, 1.2km bike, & 200m run
- Ages 8-9- 50m swim, 2km bike, & 500m run
- Ages 10-12- 100m swim, 4.6km bike, & 1.4km run
Bike Course Sponsored by D Alex MacDonald Ford Dealership
Standard and Sprint
Standard and Triathlon and Duathlon – 10 km out and back = 20 x 2- 40 km
Sprint and Triathlon and Duathlon – 10 km out and back= 20 km
Draft Legal Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon – 2.5 km out and back= 5 km x4 = 20 Km on closed course
Supersprint Triathlon and Duathlon- 5 km out and back= 10 km
Run Course Sponsored by Township Chevrolet
Standard – 2.5 out and back 5 x 2 – 10 km
Sprint (non draft, and draft) – 2.5 km out and back (5km)
Supersprint- 1.25 km out and back- 2.5 km
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 18th
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, Aug TBD, 2018 at 6:00-8:00PM: Loyalist Country Inn, 194 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5R1
Sunday, Aug 19th
- Race Packets pick up on site at the Waterfront, near Sharky’s Seafood and Arsenault’s Fish Mart 240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8 – 5:30 – 9:00 AM
- Road closure for Sprint Draft Legal – 7:00am
- Race briefing for Sprint Draft Legal – 7:15am
- Sprint Draft Legal Triathlon/Duathlon – 7:30am
- Race briefing for all others races – 8:45am
- Standard male and Female Triathlon/Duathlon/AquaBike – 9:00am
- Sprint Male and Female Triathlon – 9:30am
- International Aquathlon – 9:30am
- Super Sprint Male and Female Triathlon/Duathlon – 10:00am
- Post Race Reception – 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Kids of Steel Triathlon at Credit Union Place – 2:00pm
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to Utramar (2.5k) from 7:00am until approx 9:00am.
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to First Street (1k) from 7:00am until all races are completed approx 1:30.
Eligibility of Bicycles
TriCanada and Triathlon PEI policy on disc brakes
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc Brakes at Trilobster Triathlon
Disc brakes will be allowed in all races
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented in each age group category following the completion of each race.
Finisher medals– All finishers will be presented with a finishing medal upon their completion of the race.
Draw prizes to be updated.
Location and Parking
TriLobster is located on the Summerside Waterfront near Sharky’s Seafood (240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8) and Arsenault’s Fishmart (264 Harbour Dr, Summerside, PE C1N 5Y8)
Parking can be found in the parking lots off of Heather Moyse Drive. Heather Moyse Drive will be barricaded off race morning so by continuing down Water Street approaching from Holland College/Subway turn left onto Granville Street. Continue down Granville Street to gain access to the race parking lot.