Atlantic Triathlon Champioinships
August 19th, 2018
Are you looking for a fun family event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the fourth annual Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities from Kids of Steel to supersprint to standard races and six world qualifying events; sprint draft legal, standard triathlon, sprint draft legal duathlon, standard duathlon, sprint aquabike and sprint aquathon.
Come and enjoy the beaches and our Island hospitality while participating in an exciting triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
- Official 2018 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the 2019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Sprint Triathlon/Standard Triathlon (1 spot per age group, per gender in each distance)
- Official 2018 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the 2019 ITU Multisport World Championships Festival in Pontevedra, Spain.
- Sprint Duathlon/Standard Duathlon / Aquabike/ Aquathon(1 spots per age group, per gender in each distance)
- No race day registration (except Kids of Steel).
- No race-refund but deferral with medical note possible.
- Finisher medals will be presented on the completion of the race and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented immediately following the completion of each race
- post race food on race site
- t shirts and participant medals guaranteed to those who register by July 19
- great early bird rates
- Accommodations at discounted prices available at the Loyalist Country Inn and Quality Inn. More information and options can be found in the athlete guide.
Sunday, August 19th, 2018
- Sprint Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, & 2.5km run)
- Standard Triathlon (1500 m swim, 40 km bike, & 10km run)
- Standard Aquathon (1500 m swim, 10 km run)
- Standard Aquabike ( 1500 , swim, 40 km bike)
- Standard (Olympic) Duathlon (10km run, 40km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Aquathon (750m swim, 5k run)
- Sprint Aquabike ( 750 m swim, 20 km bike)
- Supersprint Triathlon (375m swim, 10km bike & 2.5km run)
- Standard Team Relay 2 or 3 members (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run)
- Sprint Team Relay 2 or 3 members (750m, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Draft Legal Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run)
- Sprint Draft Legal Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run)
- Kids of Steel Triathlon
- Ages 5-7- 50m swim, 1.2km bike, & 500m run
- Ages 8-9- 100m swim, 2km bike, & 500m run
- Ages 10-12- 200m swim, 4.6km bike, & 1.4km run
Standard and Sprint
Standard and standard duathlon – 10 km out and back = 20 x 2- 40 km
Sprint and sprint duathlon – 10 km out and back= 20 km
Draft Legal Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon – 2.5 km out and back= 5 km x4 = 20 Km on closed course
Supersprint- 5 km out and back= 10 km
Standard – 2.5 out and back 5 x 2 – 10 km
Sprint (non draft, and draft) – 2.5 km out and back (5km)
Supersprint- 1.25 km out and back- 2.5 km
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 18th
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, Aug TBD, 2018 at 6:00-8:00PM: Loyalist Country Inn, 194 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5R1
Sunday, Aug 19th
- Race Packets pick up on site at the Waterfront, near Sharky’s Seafood and Arsenault’s Fish Mart 240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8 – 5:30 – 9:30 AM
- Road closure for Sprint Draft Legal – 7:00am (Tentative)
- Race briefing for Sprint Draft Legal – 7:15am (Tentative)
- Sprint Draft Legal – 7:30am (Tentative)
- Race briefing for all others races – 8:45am (Tentative)
- Standard male Triathlon/Duathlon – 9:00am (Tentative)
- Standard Female Triathlon/Duathlon – 9:05am (Tentative)
- Sprint Male Triathlon/Duathlon/Aqua – 9:10am (Tentative)
- Sprint Female Triathlon/Duathlon/Aqua – 9:15am (Tentative)
- Super Sprint Triathlon – 9:20am (Tentative)
- Post Race Reception – 11:00am – 1:30pm (Tentative)
- Kids of Steel Triathlon at Credit Union Place – 2:00pm (Tentative)
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to Utramar (2.5k) from 7:00am until approx 8:30am.
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to First Street (1k) from 7:00am until all races are completed approx 1:30.
Eligibility of Bicycles
TriCanada and Triathlon PEI policy on disc brakes
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races except draft legal races and races with national qualifying positions. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc Brakes at Trilobster Triathlon
Disc brakes will not be allowed in any draft legal events
They will be allowed in the non- draft legal supersprint, sprint, standard, duathlon and team events
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented in each age group category following the completion of each race.
Finisher medals– All finishers will be presented with a finishing medal upon their completion of the race.
Draw prizes to be updated.
Location and Parking
TriLobster is located on the Summerside Waterfront near Sharky’s Seafood (240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8) and Arsenault’s Fishmart (264 Harbour Dr, Summerside, PE C1N 5Y8)
Parking can be found in the parking lots off of Heather Moyse Drive. Heather Moyse Drive will be barricaded off race morning so by continuing down Water Street approaching from Holland College/Subway turn left onto Granville Street. Continue down Granville Street to gain access to the race parking lot.