Sunday, July 17, 2016
Are you looking for a fun family event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the second annual Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities from Kids of Steel to recreational and world championship qualifying races. Come and enjoy the beaches, Lobster Festival and Island hospitality while participating in an awesome triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in beautiful Prince Edward Island.
- Standard (Olympic) Triathlon (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run) World Qualifier
- Standard (Olympic) Duathlon (10km run, 40km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Draft-Legal Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, & 2.5km run) World Qualifier
- Sprint Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Draft-Legal Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, & 5km run) World Qualifier
- Supersprint Triathlon (375m swim, 10km bike & 2.5km run)
- Team Olympic Triathlon (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run)
- Team Sprint Triathlon (750m, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Kids of Steel Triathlon 2:00PM (Ages 5-7- 50m swim, 1.2km bike, & 500m run; Ages 8-9- 100m swim, 2km bike, & 500m run; Ages 10-12- 200m swim, 4.6km bike, & 1.4km run)
- No on-site registration
- No race-refund
- Must be present at post-race reception (11:30-2:30PM at the Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Community Complex) to win prizes
- Transition will open at 6:00AM and remain open until immediately before the non-draft events begin (10:00AM)
- Finisher medals will be presented and announced to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers immediately following the completion of each race
- MacQueen’s Bike Shop will be on-site on race morning for bike support
- Samuel’s Coffee House will be open for the morning serving delicious food and beverage (4 Queen St, Summerside PE C1N 0A6)
Saturday, July 16
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, July 16th, 2016 5:00-8:00PM: Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Community Complex 110 Water St, Summerside, PE C1N 1A9
- 5:30PM-7:30PM Pasta Meal, (optional) Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Community Complex 110 Water St, Summerside, PE C1N 1A9
Sunday, July 17
- **No Race Day Registration (Except Kids of Steel)**
- Sunday, July 17th, 2016 6:00AM: Race Site- Waterfront, near Sharky’s Seafood and Arsenault’s Fish Mart 240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8
- 5:30AM-Immediately prior to non-draft event start (10:00AM)- Transition Zone Open
- 5:30AM- Race Packets Available for Pick-up on Site
- 5:30AM- Body Marking Station Opens, Wetsuit Call Announced
- 6:45AM- Draft-legal Race Briefing
- 7:30AM- Draft-legal Junior Men
- 7:33AM- Draft-legal Age-Group Men
- 7:40AM- Draft-legal Sprint Duathlon
- 8:30AM- Draft-legal Junior Women
- 8:33AM- Draft-legal Age-Group Women
- 8:40AM- Draft-legal Sprint Duathlon
- 9:15AM- Race Briefing for Non-draft Legal Events
- 10:05 AM- Non- DLStandard men wave
- 10:10 am – Non-Draft-legal Standard female wave
- 10:15 am – Non-Draft-legal Standard Duathlon (Male, Female)
- 10:45 – Non-Draft-legal Sprint Men
- 10:50 – Non-Draft-legal Sprint Women
- 11:55 – Super-Sprint start
- Following completion of all races- Post-Race Reception at the Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Community Complex 110 Water St, Summerside, PE C1N 1A9
- 2:00PM- Kids of Steel Triathlon, Credit Union Place 511 Notre Dame St, Summerside, PE C1N 1T2
Location and Parking
Parking can be found in the parking lots off of Heather Moyse Drive. Heather Moyse Drive will be barricaded off race morning so by continuing down Water Street approaching from Holland College/Subway turn left onto Granville Street. Continue down Granville Street to gain access to the race parking lot.
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races except draft legal races and races with national qualifying positions. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc brakes will not be allowed in the DL triathlon and duathlon, nor in the non-DL Standard. They will be allowed in the non-DL Sprint, the Standard distance duathlon and the SuperSprint. If an athlete was to misrepresent themselves at bike check-in by checking a disc-braked bike and saying they were for a non-DL/non-qualifying wave and then race in the DL or qualifying wave, the penalty would be stop and amend followed by DSQ (ITU Competition rules, Appendix K #12,).
2017 Canadian Age-Group World Championship Team Qualification Events and Qualifying Spots
Represent Canada at the 2017 World Championships!
The Canadian Age-Group World Championship Team competing in Rotterdam, Netherlands in 2017, will consist of the top-performing age-group athletes in Canada who wish to proudly represent their country. They will participate in a unique team environment and celebrate their sport within the global multisport community. The Canadian Age-Group World Championship Team competing in Rotterdam, Netherlands in 2017, will consist of the top-performing age-group athletes in Canada who wish to proudly represent their country. They will participate in a unique team environment and celebrate their sport within the global multi sport community. TriLobster is a 2017 ITU World Championship Qualifying event for the 20 + age group sprint draft legal, AG sprint draft legal duathlon and the Standard distance event, 2 spots for each age group.
Further information about qualifying for the world championships in Rotterdam, Netherlands in 2017 can be found by clicking the link below.
Standard – 10 km out and back x 2- 40km
Sprint non draft – 10 km out and back- 20 km
Sprint draft legal – 2.5 km out and back 5 x4 – 20 Km on closed course
Sprint draft legal duathlon – 2.5 km out and back 5 x4 – 20 Km on closed course
Supersprint- 5 km out and back- 10 km
Standard – 2.5 out and back 5 x 2 – 10 km
Sprint (non draft, and draft) – 2.5 km out and back (5km)
The 3 major prizes listed below will be drawn for at the post-race reception and you must be present to win. All of our other prizes will be drawn prior to the post-race reception but you still must be present to accept your prize.
All Trilobster Triathlon participants will be entered into a draw for a chance to win the following…
Garmin 920 XT Watch – donated by Outer Limit Sports
Tacx Training Base- donated by Outer Limit Sports
Spa – 1 Month Membership
Naturally Fit – 3 Tee Shirts
UPEI Athletics – 200 Day Passes
GoodLife – Gym Bag, Tee Shirt and 2 Water Balls.
Cari Pool – 4 Passes
One hour rock climbing sessions at Red Rock Climbing Wall- 2 Passes
Polar Sun Glasses
Redrocks Pottery (2 Mugs)
And many more…!
**Must be present at post-race reception drawing in order to win**
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented in each age group category following the completion of each race. All other finishers will be presented with a finishing medal upon their completion of the race.