Saturday, July 15 and Sunday, July 16, 2017
Are you looking for a fun family event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the third annual Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities from Kids of Steel to supersprint to standard races and the new Triathlon Canada Under 26 draft legal events featuring heats on Saturday and finals on Sunday. The only triathlons on Saturday are the Under 26 heats and an open 3 km run for charity with a lobster theme, the Summerside Boys and Girls Club. Register for the run onsite day of or online at https://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=14469. All other events take place on Sunday.
Come and enjoy the beaches and our Island hospitality while participating in an exciting triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
video of 2015 Trilobster Triathlon
Saturday, July 15, 2017
12:00 pm 3k Charity Fun Run: Leading the Lobster Festival parade, open 3 km run with a lobster theme, proceeds for Charity, the Summerside Boys and Girls Club Register. Free hotdogs for all participants at the conclusion of the race and food generously sponsored by Giant Tiger.
1:30 pm Under 26 Triathlon Canada Development Draft legal heats 16-19, 20-23, 24-26
Sunday, July 16, 2017
- Standard (Olympic) Triathlon (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run)
- Standard (Olympic) Duathlon (10km run, 40km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Duathlon (5km run, 20km bike, & 2.5km run)
- Sprint Triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Sprint Aquathon (750m swim, 5k run)
- Supersprint Triathlon (375m swim, 10km bike & 2.5km run)
- Standard Team Triathlon (1500m swim, 40km bike, & 10km run)
- Sprint Team Triathlon (750m, 20km bike, & 5km run)
- Under 26 Triathlon Canada Development DL finals 16-19, 20-23, 24-26
- Kids of Steel Triathlon– Sunday, July 16 2:00 pm Credit Union Place, pool swim
- Ages 5-7- 50m swim, 1.2km bike, & 500m run
- Ages 8-9- 100m swim, 2km bike, & 500m run
- Ages 10-12- 200m swim, 4.6km bike, & 1.4km run
Accommodations for Summerside Trilobster Triathlon
- No race day registration (except Kids of Steel)
- No race-refund
- Finisher medals will be presented on the completion of the race and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented immediately following the completion of each race
- post race food on race site
- The Under 26 events will be draft legal with heats on Saturday and finals on Sunday
Friday, July 14
- Transition Set up: Friday, July 14th 4:00-7:00pm
- Race Packet Pick-up: Friday, July 14th, 2017 5:00-7:00PM: Loyalist Country Inn, 194 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5R1
Saturday, July 15
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, July 15th, 2017 12:00 Pm race site and 5:00-7:00PM: Loyalist Country Inn, 194 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5R1
- Check in/Transition opens for Under 26 draft legal heats- 12:00pm
- Barricade streets for under 26 events: 1:30pm
- Under 26 draft legal heats race briefing: 1:45pm
- Under 26 draft legal heats- 2:00 pm
- 3k charity fun run registration on site at Holman Center parking lot: 10:45-11:45.
- 3k charity fun run: 12:00pm, The run will lead the lobster Carnival Parade. Prizes for top male and female finishers as well as for best costumes.
Sunday, July 16
- Race Packets pick up on site at the Waterfront, near Sharky’s Seafood and Arsenault’s Fish Mart 240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8 – 5:30 – 9:30 AM
- Road closure for Under 26 draft legal finals – 7:00am
- Race briefing for under 26 draft legal finals – 7:15am
- U26 Draft Legal Finals – 7:30am
- Race briefing for all others races – 8:45am
- Standard male Triathlon/Duathlon – 9:00am
- Standard Female Triathlon/Duathlon – 9:05am
- Sprint Male Triathlon/Duathlon/Aqua – 9:10am
- Sprint Female Triathlon/Duathlon/Aqua – 9:15am
- Super Sprint Triathlon – 9:20am
- Post Race Reception – 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Kids of Steel Triathlon at Credit Union Place – 2:00pm
- Saturday: roads will be closed from Heather Moyse at Holman lights to Ultramar (2.5k) on water 1:30 to approx. 2:45 and Sunday from 7:00am – 8:30am
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to First Street (1k) from 7:00am until all races are completed approx 1:30.
Location and Parking
Parking can be found in the parking lots off of Heather Moyse Drive. Heather Moyse Drive will be barricaded off race morning so by continuing down Water Street approaching from Holland College/Subway turn left onto Granville Street. Continue down Granville Street to gain access to the race parking lot.
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races except draft legal races and races with national qualifying positions. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc brakes will not be allowed in the DL Under 26 events
EZ Dock Swim Course
Power Surge Bike Course
u26 draft legal
Standard and Sprint
Standard and standard duathlon – 10 km out and back = 20 x 2- 40 km
Sprint and sprint duathlon – 10 km out and back= 20 km
Under 26 supersprint draft legal – 2.5 km out and back= 5 km x2 = 10 Km on closed course
Supersprint- 5 km out and back= 10 km
Running Room Run Course
Standard – 2.5 out and back 5 x 2 – 10 km
Sprint (non draft, and draft) – 2.5 km out and back (5km)
To be updated
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented in each age group category following the completion of each race.
Finisher medals– All finishers will be presented with a finishing medal upon their completion of the race.