Are you looking for a fun family event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the fifth annual Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities from Kids of Steel triathlon to world qualifying events; sprint draft legal, standard triathlon, sprint draft legal duathlon, standard duathlon, standard aquabike and international aquathlon. Come, enjoy the beaches and our Island hospitality while participating in an exciting triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Note:There may be video footage being recorded during the race. This will involve the use of drone’s which may be overhead of athletes at different times throughout the event.
Subaru Charlottetown TriLobster Triathlon | date tbd
- Official 2019 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the ITU 2020 World Championships Grand Final
- Sprint Triathlon/Standard Triathlon (1 spot per age group, per gender in each distance)
- Official 2019 Age Group World Championship Qualifying Event for the 2020 ITU Multisport World Championships.
- Sprint Duathlon/Standard Duathlon / Aquabike/ Aquathon(1 spots per 5 year age group, per gender in each distance)
- All athletes looking to earn a world qualifying spot must complete an expression of interest prior to your race. The expression of interest will open 3 weeks in advance of your event and close the day before your event. Click on the link below for details.
- Age Group World Championship Team Selection Policy
- 2020 Age Group World Championship Team Qualification- FAQ
- 2020 Age Group World Championship Team Qualification- Expression of Interest
- Athlete Guide TriLobster 2019 (2)
- No race day registration (except Kids of Steel).
- No race-refund but deferral with medical note possible.
- Finisher medals will be presented on the completion of the race and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented immediately following the completion of each race
- post race food on race site
- t shirts and participant medals guaranteed to those who register by July 18th
- great early bird rates
- Accommodations at discounted prices are available at the Loyalist Country Inn.
- Loyalist Country Inn and Convention Centre
- The Loyalist Country Inn and Convention Centre has a discounted price for all athletes competing in the Subaru Charlottetown Tri Lobster Triathlon. Rooms will be held until July 15th and a deposit must be made prior to this date to confirm the price. If interested please book early as there are a number of events happening in Summerside in August.
- Standard Room (2 queen beds): $139.00 per night, plus taxes
- Upgraded Room (2 queen or 1 king bed): $149.00 per night
- Executive (2 queen or 1 king bed): $155.00 per night
- Contact Number: 902 436 3333 (caller must identify as being with the Tri Lobster Group to get the discount)
- We will be adding more discount accommodations details to the Athlete Guide, as they are confirmed.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- The Trilobster Triathlon takes place in Summerside on August 18th, 2019. This annual event has chosen to partner with Heart & Stroke to help increase awareness and raise funds.Heart disease and stroke are a leading cause of death among women in Canada, yet many are still unaware of the risk to their health. Canadians are losing mothers, daughters, sisters and friends to diseases that could have been prevented.We started My Own Fundraiser to give Canadian women more hope, more time, and more life. Every dollar we raise for Heart & Stroke will fund medical breakthroughs in the prevention and treatment of heart disease and stroke.Please help us reach our fundraising goal by making a donation today. Together, we can transform the health of women in Canada and bring hope to families affected by heart disease and stroke.
Thanks in advance for your support.
- Sets APP
- Great discounts at many Summerside hotels, motels, and restaurants for all participants of Trilobster Triathlon. You will have access to the SETS APP ( Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside app), download it, check it out and be ready to access some great deals.
- Your Trilobster event organizer will give you an event code to access the SETS app at check in, this code is generated weekly and will allow you access to the discounts for your entire event.
- Open the SETS APP
- Select the DEALS tab on the bottom navigation bar
Select the discount you would like to use and follow instructions using your event code.
Simply download the Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside (SETS) Mobile Application, and take advantage of the multiple businesses in our city. How to download SETS APP:
- Open your mobile application store (ex: App Store, Google Play etc.)
- Search for “Sport Summerside”
- Download the SETS APP
- Standard Triathlon (1500 m swim, 40 km bike, & 10 km run)WQ
- Standard Aquabike ( 1500 m swim, 40 km bike) WQ
- Standard (Olympic) Duathlon 10 km run, 40 km bike, 5 km run) WQ
- Sprint Draft legal Triathlon (750 m swim, 20 km bike, & 5 km run)WQ
- Sprint non draft triathlon (750 m swim, 20 km bike, & 5 km run)
- Sprint Draft Legal Duathlon ( 5 km run,20 km bike, 2.5 km run) WQ
- Sprint Non Draft Duathlon (5 km run,20 km bike, 2.5 km run)
- Supersprint Triathlon (375 m swim, 10 km bike & 2.5 km run)
- Supersprint Duathlon (2.5 km run – 10 km bike & 1.25 km run)
- International Aquathlon (1000 m swim – 5k run) WQ
- Standard Team Relay 2 or 3 members (1500 m swim, 40 km bike, & 10 km run)
- Sprint Team Relay 2 or 3 members (750 m, 20 km bike, & 5 km run
- Kids of Steel Triathlon – 2:00 pm Credit Union Place, pool swim, run and bike on the race track
- Ages 5-7- 25 m swim, 1.2 km bike, & 200 m run
- Ages 8-9- 50 m swim, 2 km bike, & 500 m run
- Ages 10-12- 100 m swim, 4.6 km bike, & 1.4 km run
Standard Triathlon and Duathlon – 10 km out and back = 20 x 2= 40 km
Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon – 10 km out and back= 20 km
Draft Legal Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon – 2.5 km out and back= 5 km x4 = 20 Km on closed course
Supersprint Triathlon and Duathlon- 5 km out and back= 10 km
Standard – 2.5 out and back 5 x 2 – 10 km
Sprint (non draft, and draft) – 2.5 km out and back (5km)
Supersprint- 1.25 km out and back- 2.5 km
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 17th
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, Aug 17th , 2018, 6:00-8:00 PM: Loyalist Country Inn, 194 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside, PE, C1N 5R1
Sunday, August 18th
- Race Packets pick up on site at the Waterfront, near Sharky’s Seafood and Arsenault’s Fish Mart 240 Harbour Dr, Summerside PE C1N 5Y8 – 5:30 – 9:00 AM
- Road closure for U23 Junior Sprint Draft Legal/ sprint DL – 6:15 am
- Race briefing for Jr. Sprint Draft Legal /Sprint DL – 6:45 am
- U23 junior sprint DL- 7:00 am
- Sprint Draft Legal Triathlon/Duathlon – 7:30 am
- Race briefing for all others races – 8:45 am
- Standard male and female Triathlon/Duathlon/AquaBike – 9:00 am
- Sprint Triathlon/ duathlon ( non draft) – 9:30 am
- International Aquathlon – 9:30 am
- Super Sprint Male and Female Triathlon/Duathlon – 10:00 am
- Post Race Reception – 11:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Kids of Steel Registration / Check in @ Credit Union Place – 1:15
- Kids of Steel Triathlon at Credit Union Place – 2:00 pm
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to Utramar (2.5k) from 7:00 am until approx 9:00 am.
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to First Street (1k) from 7:00 am until all races are completed approx 1:00.
Eligibility of bicycles
Triathlon Canada and Triathlon PEI policy on disc brakes
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc brakes will be allowed in all races
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be presented in each 5 year age group category following the completion of each race.
Finisher medals– All finishers will be presented with a finishing medal upon their completion of the race.
Draw prizes to be updated.
Location and parking
Parking can be found in the parking lots off of Heather Moyse Drive. Heather Moyse Drive will be barricaded off race morning so by continuing down Water Street approaching from Holland College/Subway turn left onto Granville Street. Continue down Granville Street to gain access to the race parking lot.