Are you looking for an awesome fun event? Summerside, PEI welcomes you to the sixth annual Subaru of Charlottetown Trilobster Triathlon which has events for all ages and abilities; supersprint triathlon, sprint draft legal triathlon ( Canada Games athletes only), sprint non draft triathlon, standard triathlon, standard aquabike, supersprint and sprint duathlon and international aquathlon. Come, enjoy the beaches and our Island hospitality while participating in an exciting triathlon on a scenic, fast, flat course in Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
Note:There may be video footage being recorded during the race. This will involve the use of drone’s which may be overhead of athletes at different times throughout the event.
Subaru of Charlottetown TriLobster Triathlon August 8th, 2021
- Athlete Guide TriLobster 2021
- No race day registration
- No race-refund but deferral with medical note possible.
- Finisher medals will be presented on the completion of the race and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be presented immediately following the completion of each race
- post race food on race site
- t shirts and participant medals guaranteed to first 150 athletes to register
- early bird rates
- Must follow all CPHO guidelines
- Pei has travel restrictions, check out how to get your PEI Pass https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/topic/travel
- Accommodations are available at:
Host Hotel –Quality Inn and Suites – 618 Water Street, there is a discounted price for all athletes competing in the Subaru of Charlottetown Tri Lobster Triathlon. Caller must identify as being with Tri Lobster to receive the discount) 902-436-2295 –block of rooms, 902-436-2295, single with King $139. double with 2 queen is $144.99
Complimentary Hot Breakfast · Complimentary wireless internet access · Complementary parking · Complimentary 9-hole par-3 golf on site · Heated indoor pool and outdoor pool · Licensed poolside lounge · Brothers 2 Restaurant & Pub · Exercise room · Choice Privilege Reward Program · Professional and friendly service
- The Loyalist Country Inn and Convention Centre– 195 Heather Moyse Drive Contact Number: 902 436 3333
- Causeway Bay Hotel– 311 Market Street, call , 902-436-2157
- Numerous other hotels, motels, campgrounds, and various B&B’s
- SETS APP ( Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside)
- Great discounts at many Summerside hotels, motels, and restaurants for all participants of Trilobster Triathlon. You will have access to the SETS APP ( Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside app), download it, check it out and be ready to access some great deals.
- Your Trilobster event organizer will give you an event code to access the SETS app at check in, this code is generated weekly and will allow you access to the discounts for your entire event.
- Open the SETS APP
- Select the DEALS tab on the bottom navigation bar
Select the discount you would like to use and follow instructions using your event code.
Simply download the Sport Entertainment Tourism Summerside (SETS) Mobile Application, and take advantage of the multiple businesses in our city. How to download SETS APP:
- Open your mobile application store (ex: App Store, Google Play etc.)
- Search for “Sport Summerside”
- Download the SETS APP
Sunday, August 8th
- Standard Triathlon (1500 m swim, 40 km bike (20 km out and back), & 10 km run)
- Standard Aquabike ( 1500 m swim, 40 km bike (20 km out and back))
- Sprint Draft legal Triathlon (750 m swim, 20 km bike (2.5 out and back x 4), & 5 km run) Canada Games athletes only
- Sprint non draft triathlon (750 m swim, 20 km bike (10 km out and back), & 5 km run)
- Sprint Non Draft Duathlon (5 km run,20 km bike (10 km out and back), 2.5 km run)
- Supersprint Triathlon (375 m swim, 10 km bike (5 km out and back) & 2.5 km run)
- Supersprint Duathlon (2.5 km run – 10 km bike (5 km out and back) & 1.25 km run)
- International Aquathlon (750 m swim – 5k run)
Standard Triathlon bike course– 10 km bike out and back = 20 x 2= 40 km
Sprint ( non draft)Triathlon and Duathlon bike course – 10 km bike out and back= 20 km
Sprint Draft Legal Triathlon bike course– 2.5 km bike out and back= 5 km x 4 = 20 Km on closed course
Supersprint Triathlon and Duathlon bike course- 5 km bike out and back= 10 km
Standard run= 10 km ( 5km out and back = 10 km)
Sprint run = 5 km ( 2.5 km out and back = 5km)
Supersprint- run 1 = 2.5 km (1.25 km out and back = 2.5 km) duathlon run #2 = 1.25 km ( 625 out and back)
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 7th, 2021
- Race Packet Pick-up: Saturday, Aug 7th , 2021, 6:00-8:00 PM: Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Club 110 Water St, Summerside PE C1N 1A9. Enter Silver fox on water side of the building
Sunday, Auust 8th
- Race Packet pick up Sunday, Aug 8th, 2021: 6:00 – 9:00 AM Silver Fox Curling and Yacht Club 110 Water St, Summerside PE C1N 1A9
- Athletes are to park in designated athlete parking area
- Athletes in cohort #1 are not to mix with athletes in cohort #2
- Road closure sprint draft legal– 7:00 am
- Race briefing – sprint draft legal – 7:15
- Sprint draft legal triathlon -Canada Games athletes only – 7:30 am
- Sprint triathlon/ duathlon/ aquathlon ( non draft) – 8:40 am
- Standard male and female triathlon/aquabike – 10:00 am
- Supersprint male and female triathlon/duathlon – 11:20 am
- Post race food to be picked up prior to leaving
- Athletes are to leave as soon as your race is completed
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to Utramar (2.5k) from 7:00 am until approx 9:00 am.
- Sunday: Road will be closed from Heather Moyse to First Street (1k) from 7:00 am until all races are completed approx 1:00.
Eligibility of bicycles
Triathlon Canada and Triathlon PEI policy on disc brakes
“Disc brakes will be allowed in all sanctioned races. This decision is taken for the best interests of all athletes, to encourage and welcome participation, and to support the goals of Triathlon Canada on the international fields of play.”
Disc brakes will be allowed in all races
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be presented at the completion of each race.
Finisher medals– All finishers will be awarded a participant medal upon completion of their race.
Numerous draw prizes, list will be updated.
Location and parking
TriLobster transition is located in the parking lot in front of Holland College, 98 Water Street, Summerside, PE, C1N4N6.
Athlete parking is directly behind the transition area off Heather Moyse drive and Water Street.