Sport PEI National Sport Trust Fund
Going for Gold
A project under the
Prince Edward Island Amateur Sport Trust Fund
Athlete Application Guidelines
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a member in good standing with Triathlon PEI (Provincial Sport Organization (PSO);
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be a Prince Edward Island resident;
- Must have come up through the Triathlon PEI junior program
- Must be named to a high performance training team or a member of the Canadian Junior National Team
- Must train at a Triathlon Canada National Performance Center and be coached by the National Performance center coaches
Athletes may be eligible to receive support provided:
- Athlete is a member of a Junior National Team or a high Performance training team, and is representing Canada nationally / internationally.
- Athlete must train at a high performance training center
- Application must include a letter of endorsement from an NSO and the athlete’s coach.
- Athlete must provide evidence of a 12-month training program as part of their application
- Athlete must provide a budget for the year
- Athlete must provide a competition schedule for the year
- Funding will be distributed Quarterly; March 30, June 30, Sept 30, Dec 30
Applicants are eligible to receive funding for:
- Sport training including travel and accommodation costs to training camps, national, international, world cup championships, entry fees and related expenses
- Athlete testing, screening, mental preparation expenses
Athletes receiving funding must:
- Provide Triathlon PEI with original receipts as part of the financial accounting requirement.
- Allow Triathlon PEI to use their name and image in promotional materials and programs related to the promotion of sport and athlete role models.
- Be willing, upon reasonable request, to share their knowledge and experience with developing athletes as well as run clinics in PEI when available
- Provide public acknowledgement of the support received from the Going For Gold assistance fund.
- Where applicable, declare their Prince Edward Island residency status in any publications associated with their athletic endeavors (i.e. websites, profiles, etc.)