Triathlon PEI has a job opportunity for an Executive Director.
Triathlon PEI Executive Director – Job Description
The Executive Director will focus on a variety of duties outlined below, to assist in achieving the goals and objectives of Triathlon PEI.
- Apply for summer student(s) and special project grants
- Set up KOS programs, coordinate students and volunteers delivering programs.
- Provide leadership to Triathlon PEI to host/assist race directors delivering summer events
- Assist with Triathlon club development
General Directives (on going)
- Perform administrative tasks including responding to phone, email and website inquiries, Tri-PEI member contact, and act as media liaison on behalf of Triathlon PEI.
- Assist in fundraising for Tri PEI including gaining corporate sponsorship, building community partnerships Island wide, and applying for grants
- Attend and handle logistics for board meetings
- Plan, coordinate, and promote Tri PEI events and programs in conjunction with volunteers
- Attend Tri PEI sanctioned events as directed by the board
- Administer all new member sign ups including day and year passes, and events fees through the National Triathlon Registry System
- Track participants, officials and volunteers at Tri PEI events
- Keep updated membership contact lists
- Rent and drive van and trailer for transporting Tri PEI signage, buoys, tents, tables, chairs and bike racks, as needed and directed by Tri PEI board
- Track Tri PEI inventory and arrange for use and sign out by race directors
- Coordinate program logistics including registration fees, rentals, coaches, and volunteers as directed by the board
- Supervise summer student(s)
- Work with Tri PEI board members and other volunteers on Tri PEI activities
- Provide recommendations to the TRI PEI board to streamline administrative duties and further organizational goals in an efficient manor
- Provide a written report to the board at monthly meetings
- Administration of merchandise sales (Jerseys and Clothing)
- Perform other duties as required to support and advance the Triathlon PEI mandate and as mutually agreed upon
- Have a class 5 drivers license
- Must be willing to work flexible hours that will include some weekends
- Larger percentage of the contract hours from May to August
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset
- Must get a Criminal Record Check
- Contract amount: TBD Contract time: 30 %
- Responsible for submitting taxes
Start Date: Jan 1, 2020 Deadline for application: November 20, 2019 Resumes: email to firstname.lastname@example.org